We believe in the power of giving. Not just based off of peer asks online, but giving based off of passion and impact. But too few have been able to continuously give back to the causes they themselves care about.
We’ve seen that people want to give back more consistently and are tired of the guilty gift-giving we’re doing now with online social fundraisers. But how do we give back more thoughtfully and easily?
I have a dirty little secret. 🙊
High-net worth individuals have had a way (for almost 100 years 😱) to manage all of their giving in one place. Feeling a little left out? Us too. We gave ourselves one year to see if we could democratize donor-advised funds and make giving accessible for all.
And what a crazy year it’s been.
We learned a lot, prototyped a bunch, and launched our beta in March. The beta was an iPhone app that matched users with nonprofits based on their giving behavior and location. Users would swipe right on nonprofits they loved to donate… very simple, very millennial. 💁🏽♂️
And what a whirlwind it was.
Then somehow Oprah Magazine found out about us and wrote a piece — and we’ve never been so humbled in our lives! 😭
The New Millie: A Home for Giving
From the early stages, we knew we were building more than a swipe to donate app and something that would be a bigger part of people’s lives. We knew we needed more than an iPhone app. We knew we needed to make it easier to give to all organizations you care about — and the ones you want to discover next.
And we knew we wanted to build the future of giving, a home for giving.
With this idea in mind, we launched a new web app with a bunch of awesome features:
- 💻 We’re now on the internet (!) milliegiving.com
- 💕 Discover and donate to over 1.6 million nonprofits
- ♻️ Set up recurring donations to your favorite organizations
- 🧾 Manage your tax receipts in one place with the new wallet experience
- 🎁 Gift the power of giving back with charitable gift cards
- 🛠 Nonprofits can create beautiful profiles with the new builder
- 🤸🏾♀️ Track your progress, see whose lives you’ve impacted, and collect badges in the user profile
You helped us make this all happen and the team can’t wait for you to explore the new Millie. Let’s make the world a better place. Thanks a Millie! 🙌🏼😊
Check it all out at milliegiving.com